Theme: "EUROPE-ASIA BRIDGE: ISTANBUL"
Istanbul hosted the Roman and Byzantinian Empires until Fatih Sultan Mehmet captured Istanbul from the Byzatines in 1453, which marked the rise of the Ottoman period. Historical areas of Istanbul were added to the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1985 and Istanbul was chosen as the European Capital of Culture in 2010.
The purpose of our competition is to study the European Capital of Culture: Istanbul from past to present through the art of caricature and project it to the world audience. The first cartoonist to be selected, will win a financial prize as well as a beautiful trip within Istanbul. The jury of this competition is formed by Turkish and Foreign citizens who are familiar with the city and its culture.
THE RULES OF COMPETITION:
3) The designs are to be drawn in A3-Size to be delivered in 300 dpi and in JPEG format.
4) The incoming caricatures are first going to be eliminated by the pre-selector jury who will determine the 100 final caricatures. Final caricatures will be temporarily published on our "heute/bugün/today" section of our website (www.donquichotte.org). In this manner, we will be able to identify caricatures that are contradicting with the rules of this competition.
5) The closing date of the competition is August 15, 2010.
6) The jury, which consists from international well-known cartoonists, will evaluate the forwarded art-works from August 15th to 30th. Results of this evaluation and the award-winning art-works will be published on September 5, 2010.
7) The award ceremony will take place in İstanbul-Schneidertempel Art Gallery on September 15, 2010.
8) Participants of all ages can join in this competition with a maximum of 3 caricatures.
- First Prize: $ 2000
- Second Prize: $ 1500
- Third Prize: $ 1000
- Special Prize of "Turhan Selçuk: $ 500
- 10 mentions
- Hayati Boyacıoglu
- Oguz Gürel
- Suat Yalaz
- Behic Ak
- Piyale Madra
- Eray Özbek
- Erdogan Karayel
- Sevket Yalaz
- Massoud Shojai
- Valeri Kurtu