2. Submissions must be completely original and unedited. They must not be participating in a similar contest or event simultaneously.
3. The question to develop is:
If you came from another planet, what would you ask Humanity?
The contest attempts to discover what you would answer to this question with a caricature/cartoon, you can add short texts to the artwork and they must be written in Spanish or English. You must represent the question very clear, either by implying within the artwork or as the title thereof.
*The organization is within rights to cancel submissions that prove offensive.
4. Contestants can submit up to 3 works (authors who submit more than 3 will be disqualified).
5. Any technique is accepted (digital or hand made, color or black and white).
6. Works should not be bigger than 21 cm x 29 cm or in proportional size, with a resolution of no less than 300 dpi.
7. Contestants will add a document where the following will be specified:
- Full author name and pseudonym
- Author picture or caricature
- Telephone Number
- Title of each submission
- Is it the first time you participate?
- Brief biography (Curriculum)
8. Contestants will sign a certificate, which will be sent in a sealed envelope, or in case of being sent by email, signature must be scanned.
9. Works and envelopes with author data will be sent to the following address:
Reforma 222, Piso 12
Email submissions at:
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org forwarded to email@example.com
10. Selected works will be shown in the city of , 12 and 13 2010, and will be posted on the blog created towards this goal: http://cartonist-ciudaddelasideas.blogspot.com/ and at the official La Ciudad de las Ideas webpage http://www.ciudaddelasideas.com/.
11. Contest is valid from May 17th till . Works submitted by email must be within these dates in their registry.
12. Contest results will be made known at http://www.ciudaddelasideas.com. Winners will be notified by email. Ignore any information emails if they are not within the @ciudaddelasideas.com or @podercivico.org.mxdomains.
13. The jury will be selected by Poder Cívico and will be qualified to solve any situation related with the contest that doesn’t meet the requirements. The award will be declared null if the jury decides that none of the works submitted meet quality standards, which will be unappealable. Jury members will be kept secret until results are published.
14. Submissions that do not win will be able to get picked up at the Poder Cívico offices three months after results are published, works that are not picked up will be made available by Martha Barragán Méndez for any return that could be required after the date established by Poder Cívico.
- First Place: A full expenses paid trip to the city of Puebla, Mexico, to attend the La Ciudad de las Ideas Festival and a diploma.
- Second Place: A full expenses paid trip to the city of Puebla, Mexico, to attend the La Ciudad de las Ideas Festival and a diploma.
- Third Place: A full expenses paid trip to the city of Puebla, Mexico, to attend the La Ciudad de las Ideas Festival and a diploma.
Note: Awards will not be able to be made in cash, nor be transferable to anyone else.