1. Participation is open to professional Graphic Humour and Cartoon artists who publish or have published in national or international media.
2. In order to participate in the Exhibition, every artist must send a piece on the theme "The economic crisis”. It can be a vignette, a comic strip or a caricature. Together with the piece, the artist will properly fill out and send the form that can be found attached to these conditions. The organization reserves the right to invite any author/s it considers appropriate.
3. All art pieces must be original and can be made using any technique and medium. They must be signed and dated. When using a digital technique, the artist must send a signed impression of the work and send a digital copy in JPG or TIFF format and 300 dpi minimum resolution. The maximum format will be 297 x 420 mm. (A3 11.7 x 16.5 inches).
4. All pieces will be sent properly wrapped (it is recommended to protect them with flat cardboard). The organization won't take responsibility on any possible damage occurred during transportation. All shipping charges will be at the participant's expense.
5. All art pieces will be sent before June 30, 2012 to the following address:
Fundación General de la Universidad de Alcalá
XIX Muestra Internacional de las Artes del Humor
C/ Nueva, 4. 28801 Alcalá de Henares.
It is essential to comply with the noted date for the adequate planning of the catalogue and design of the exhibition.
6. A selection of the pieces submitted (carried out by the Selection Commission) will be exhibited in the XIX International Exhibition of the Arts of Humor (MIAH 2012).
7. All pieces submitted will be kept at the Graphic Humour Archives of the General Foundation of the University of Alcalá (except specific indication to the contrary, for which the artist must write on the reverse of the piece “Devolución”), and will be used for its spaces, travelling exhibitions and publications.
8. The submission of the piece means that the author authorizes the General Foundation of the University of Alcalá to reproduce it and exhibit it, as long as the name of the artist is displayed and the objective is the media coverage of the Exhibition and the rest of activities of the General Foundation of the University of Alcalá within the field of Graphic Humour and/or of this call (edition of catalogues, posters, leaflets, media coverage, web page, etc.), and in any case it generates any type of obligation on the author's part.
9. The organization will communicate through the Exhibition web page the list of participants with submitted piece and the list of selected pieces. Those people whose piece is selected will be able to attend the opening and all other parallel activities, for which they will be informed of the accommodation and maintenance conditions.
10. At the end of the exhibition in Alcalá, those people with selected pieces will receive a copy of the catalogue, which will be edited to mark the celebration of the Exhibition.
11. The organization reserves the right to not exhibit those pieces considered to infringe individual or collective rights.
12. The participation on this Exhibition means the acceptance of these conditions of entry.