Deadline 1 of March 2015 - via email only
Application materials arriving after this date will not be examined.
To enter this competition, please send the following materials:
- No more than 3 digital Images of paper works for the exhibition – 600/800dpi in jpg. format
- CV – short, A4 in doc. format in English and web if have. This information is important for the catalog and web presentation, not for the selection.
- Personal photograph – 400/600dpi. in .jpg format
- Filled in application form – titles, dimensions and media/technique description. The actual size of the works for this exhibition must be no more than A4 or 15/15/20cm.
- Copy of money transfer document showing the payment of the application fee of 40 Euro, via email – the address is stated below.
Organizer: Daniela Todorova, M.A. email@example.com
Stage Two: Sending the original paper works selected in Stage 1.
Deadline April 15, 2015
Works have to arrive in Sofia, Bulgaria, no later than the deadline.
- Originals arriving after this date will not be included in the exhibition.
- The organizer is not responsible for any loss or damage sustained during transportation.
- The works should be sent to Art Alley Gallery – AMATERAS Annual Paper Art Exhibition 2015 as PRINTED MATTER by registered air-mail in a simple packet, unframed, without mounting, bearing the declaration "No commercial value". Please notice: Packages with declared value amounts arrive directly in the customs office, and they will be returned back from the customs office at the expense of the sender.
- All selected works must be legibly labeled with the titles, dimensions, media, and dates of the work.
- Authors of 3D works will be informed by email after the end of exhibition about covering the return price of transport expenses. Return of 2D works is included with the application fee.
- 2D works and works with relief have to be with prepared hanging system by the artist. If such not exist, the organizers reserved the right to expose the work according to their possibilities and if this is against the entirety of the work, the organizers don’t take any responsibility. If this embarrass or threaten other works, the organizers reserved the right not to expose the work having such a problem.
Gallerist: Svetlana Ganeva
Address: Art Alley Gallery
51a, William Gladstone,
Hour 18:00 PM
Stage 3 - the Exhibition
- Exhibition dates are May 7 – June 6, 2015 at Gallery Art Alley, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Works will be for sale with a 10 % VAT.
- Exhibition news will be published in all media and newspapers
- Exhibition will be publicized widely and advertised in all media. Art critics, curators, collectors and art lovers will all be invited. The organizers will also invite representative persons of foreign cultural institutions in Sofia.
- The artists will be informed if their works are sold, and the money will be transferred to their bank accounts after 10% VAT.
- During the exhibition AMATERAS FOUNDATION will organize presentation of winning artists and world paper events and organizations.
- During the exhibition will be organized workshops and PAPER PARADE in the NIGHT OF THE MUSEUMS AND GALLERIES.
- If some of selected artists would like to come in Bulgaria please inform organizers.
All applicants will receive the catalog of the exhibition and their works back by end of the year 2015 or in January 2016.
Conditions for returning of the works:
- 2D works – return is included in the application fee
- Authors of 3D works will be informed by email after the end of exhibition about covering the return price of transport expenses.
- If the artist would like to donate the works to the organizers, this should be stated on the application form by checking yes or no. AMATERAS FOUNDATION will present representative selection of donated works to their special exhibition in other cities in Bulgaria and abroad. The selection will be made according to the requirements of the exposition space and context of the event. The purpose of this exhibition is to show different directions and styles. All artists will be informed about these future plans. This year is plan exhibition in Prague, CZ.
The Entry Fee of 40 Euros helps to cover the cost of a catalogue, gallery rent, the organization of the exhibition, and advertising materials, PR campaign and postage expenses for 2D materials.
Method of payment: Checks are not acceptable.
Recommended methods of payment are as follows:COINSTAR (TRAVELEX), MONEYGRAMRecipient: Daniela Todorova
Address: 16a, Vishneva Str.
City: 1164 Sofia,
Country: Bulgaria, EU
Bank transfers made to:
Bank: TB Allianz BULGARIA
Using IBAN: BG 59 BUIN 7220 1442 356 716
Recipient: Daniela Todorova
Reason of payment: application fee for AMATERAS Annual Paper Art Exhibition 2015
Postal Money Order from the post office:
International Postal Money Transfer Orders made to the name of Daniela Todorova, MA /founder and curator of AMATERAS FOUNDATION/. Recipient: Daniela Todorova
Address: 16a, Vishneva Str.
City: 1164 Sofia,
Country: Bulgaria, EUPay Pal
Selection will be made by an international jury of art experts. The decisions of the jury are final.
Prizes and Awards:
Grand Prize AMATERAS - 500 Euro and Certificate
Award for innovation - 200 Euro and Certificate
Award for young artist - 200 Euro and Certificate
Award for Bulgarian artist - exhibition and Certificate
One Special Certificates for versatility of all 3 entries winner
Three Certificates for Honorable Mention (good/high performance)
The works of 4 price winning artists will be owned by AMATERAS FOUNDATION, and will be exhibited in other future exhibitions.
The money from Prizes and sold works will be send to artists after end of the exhibition, but no latter than the end of 2014.
First Four Winning Artists and the Four Honorable Mention Artists will be welcome to exhibit at the AMATERAS Annual Paper Art Exhibition 2015 without an Entry Fee.
- AMATERAS FOUNDATION reserves the right to photograph all works, advertise them and publish all materials on the CD, catalog, and website of the exhibition and for all other needs.
- Unless specified by the artist, all files will be kept in the library of the organizers, and all applicants will be informed in the future about events organized by AMATERAS FOUNDATION.
- All participating artists will be presented on the website of AMATERAS Annual Paper Art Exhibition.
Contact person: Daniela Todorova, M.A.:
Please fill out in English the entry form for stage one. You can download it here:
Amateras entry form