To mark this anniversary the Guild of cartoonists Mediasoyuz, Russia, and creative social network http://www.myhobbyplanet.ru/ (organizers) announce a cartoon contest The International Festival of Ironic Graphics “Gagarin’s Smile”.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The competition is open to professionals and amateurs from all continents.
Everything connected with the space exploration can be the subject of the author. This could be the international cooperation in the development of the orbital stations, and "Star Wars", planets, stars, comets and other celestial bodies, astronomy and astrology, flights to distant worlds and contacts with alien civilizations, space communications and satellite navigation, space medicine, space technology, and their application in everyday life, the history of space exploration from Claudius Ptolemy, Nicolaus Copernicus, Galileo Galilei to Konstantin Tsiolkovsky, Wernher von Braun and Sergei Korolev, and much more.
Up to 3 entries are allowed per person.
The participant has to be the author of the entry. For artists who have opened their own page on the http://www.myhobbyplanet.ru/ there are special conditions for participation. There are no restrictions in the choice of colors and styles.
Works previously published or awarded in other competitions are acceptable. Welcome to report about such entries. Organizers request not to send these works to other contests from the time of this announcement to April 12, 2011.
At the first stage only digital submission will be accepted. Please send your works to the following address: email@example.com, The works will be accepted from November 1, 2010 to November 30, 2010.
Please send also the short bio and author’s photo. The entry form can be downloaded here:
Format: size A4 (297x210mm), 300dpi, RGB, JPG, the highest quality.
The jury will conduct the preliminary selection of works. All selected entries will be posted on http://www.myhobbyplanet.ru/
The works will be reviewed by the international jury composed of:
Marcin Bondarovich, artist (Poland);
Viktor Bogorad, artist (Russia);
Vadim Boreiko, chief editor of the"Time” newspaper, former employee of the Baikonur space center (Kazakhstan);
Anatoly Wasserman, journalist and public figure (Ukraine);
Bayram Hajizadeh, artist, President of the Azerbaijan Cartoonists Uni on (Azerbaijan);
Michael Zlatkovsky, artist, Secretary of the Union of Journalists of Russia (Russia);
Svetlana Kruglova, art critic, Director of the Surgut Fine Arts Museum, the organizer and leader of the Biennale "Karikaturum" (Russia)
Andrey Rijov, artist, Chairman of the Guild of Cartoonists Mediasoyuz (Russia);
Andrey Feldshteyn, artist, founder and director of the International Cartoonists’ Club "Cartunion”, http://www.cartoonblues.com/ (USA).
The jury will sel ect the short list of works considered for awards. The short list will be posted no later than December 15 on the site http://www.myhobbyplanet.ru/ . Artists whose works will be sel ected will have the opportunity to participate in the final stage of the competition.
• Authors will be required to send the originals of their works in A3 format, or high quality prints: format A3 with a "wet" signature (for works created with the use of computer programs).
• Works must be sent to: Kashirskoye, 11-3, Moscow 115230, Russia no later than February 1, 2011.
• Organizers are not responsible for any damage that may occur during shipping and processing.
• The award-winning works will not be returned to the artists. The works which were not awarded, will be returned to the authors by their written request.
• By the fact of completing the entry form, the participant declares and acknowledges in advance that he passes the financial rights to organizers to use works in the souvenir and printed materials, the internet for two years (2011 -2012 years.)
The exhibition will be open in Moscow no later than April 1, 2011.
• The exhibition could travel to the various Russian or other countries’ cities, which are closely related to the research and space exploration.
• Only exhibited authors (about 70-100) will receive a printed catalog.
• Based on the agreement with the winner the organizers will cover his travel expenses to attend the ceremony in Moscow.
All information, including the additional clarifications and comments, will be posted on the portal http://www.myhobbyplanet.ru/. This site will also allow authors to discuss their works or ask questions.